We are excited to announce that 276 entries are registered for the 16 th Art Expo. There will also be a huge number of student artworks on the same theme “Celebrating a Moment”.
As well, 101 artists have chosen subjects to be eligible for the Jubilee Prize.
NOTE: IF YOU REGISTERED TO ENTER THE ART EXPO AND HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED YOUR ENTRY LABEL CONTACT PETER HANSEN ASAP at: email@example.com
Thankyou artists and thankyou too, the many volunteers working to create this exhibition.
Please tell your friends that this three day event opens from 10 am Friday, a great time to view the artworks. We are trying to boost the number of visitors during the day on Friday.
The exhibition closes at 4pm on Sunday 25th.
Friday 23rd Awards Night begins at 7pm with the award ceremony at 8pm. We are again featuring the spectacular “Vivid” style production by Alex Moss & the installation by young artists from Mullumbimby High. Music will be by Del & Raven, catering by senior hospitality students from Mullumbimby High. Artists entry is free, for others entry is $15. Entry entitles you to a glass of wine.
Please note that as alcohol is served, the Department of Education policy states that it is to be an adults only event. The school is incredibly supportive so we ask that you respect this.
We are doing everything possible to make it a happy and successful experience for our exhibiting artists. Please consider these suggestions, which will help us sell your work .
- Let the Sales Desk know when you are present so we can introduce you to interested buyers over the weekend. Often buyers return, so being present helps a lot.
- Be there on Awards night so we can hook you up with potential buyers and hopefully
hand you one of the prize cheques. Artists have free entry!
- Invite everyone you know as often artworks are sold to friends of the artist.
- Have simple frames that let the work speak for itself
- Canvasses that carry the paint around the sides as well as the front surface
- Sign your work at the bottom of the painting so it can be recognized as yours
- If you are open to offers, make sure we can contact you during exhibition hours.
SATURDAY 25th is the Ocean Shores School “Festival of the Imagination” a real draw card.
SUNDAY 26th PROGRAM
1pm to 3pm Grand Finale performances by Dangerously Poetic, the Mana Aloha Hula Troupe & the Bowlo Choir
3.30 – The Viewers Choice Awards & Raffle prizes will be announced
“Lost In Transit” will be on site selling coffee and food.