Ocean Shores Art Expo 2022
Saturday 5th to Sunday 6th of November
Secondary Schools Competition: Conditions of Entry
- Each student is welcomed to make one entry only. Entry is free.
- Entries in the secondary sections close on Friday 23rd September at 3.00pm. They are to be delivered to the front office of either Mullumbimby or Byron Bay High Schools. Contact the co-ordinator if alternative arrangements are required.
Late entries will not be accepted. Preferably a school representative can collect artworks from 4pm on Sunday afternoon the 6th of November. Otherwise works will be returned to each school site.
- There are seven sections for the competition. There is an amount of $150 available for judges to award, for each section. Generally it will be awarded as follows:
$100 for 1st prize, $50 for 2nd prize and Certificates of commendation.
Note: The judges may vary this allocation dependent on the nature and number of entries in
The judges decision will be final. The sections are:
– Water colour/gouache
– Mixed media
– Print making/drawing/pastels
– Digital Art
- Entries should be based on the annual theme. In 2022, the theme is “Looking Back, Moving Forward.”
- Entrants must be currently enrolled at a secondary school in the Brunswick Valley or Byron Shire. Home Schooling students in Byron Shire may also enter.
- Entries should meet the following conditions :
The entry must be clearly labelled on the back and front ( the front label to hang below the art work) with the title, category, Artist full name, school and the year enrolled at school, address and telephone number. The labels MUST be supplied by the artist.
All 2D art work MUST be able to be hung or mounted (using bluetack) to a wall.
Oils must be dry.
Please note that the maximum size for hanging works is 75 cm x 75 cm.
3D sculptures footprint no larger than 75cm by 75cm. Height 75cm maximum. Must be able to be carried easily by one person.
Any enquiries should be directed to Stephen Oliver 6680 1237 / 0490330925
Primary Schools Competition: Conditions of Entry
- Each school may submit a total of 4 ENTRIES per grade. For example : Kindergarten=4 entries, Year 1=4 entries, Year 2=4 entries . So a school which has all grades from Kindergarten to Year 6 may submit a possible total of 28 entries.
- Each student can submit ONE ENTRY only for judging. Entries are free.
- Any 2D MEDIA may be used. All 2D artworks must be able to be mounted (using Blutac) to a wall. Sculptures will NOT be accepted.
- The theme for 2022 is “LOOKING BACK, MOVING FORWARD”.
- The SIZE of entries is A4 which is 21.0cm x 29.7cm. Other sizes will not be accepted. Either landscape or portrait is suitable. Thick art paper or cardboard is the most suitable material to use as thin paper is more difficult to hang. Do not put a border around the artwork.
- TWO IDENTIFYING LABELS will be needed. One on the back and one on the front. Each label must state the name of the school, the name of the student and the grade they are in. If the student is in a composite class or a special class, please specify the grade they are in, not the name of the class.Firmly attach one label to the back of the artwork with glue or sticky tape. Attach the other label to the front of the artwork so that the information hangs below the artwork. Please do not use staples or pins on the artwork.
- Entries are to be delivered to the Front Office of any of the following schools – Mullumbimby Public, Ocean Shores Public, Brunswick Heads Public. Please place entries in a large envelope or similar, clearly labelled with the name of the school. Entries CLOSE THURSDAY 22nd SEPTEMBER @ 3pm.I will collect entries the following day – Friday 23rd September.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- All entries will be delivered back to the individual schools no later than 2 weeks after the EXPO. Please do not collect entries from the EXPO
All enquiries to Cheryl Tyler M- 0417019343. E- email@example.com