Primary School Competition
Conditions of Entry
1. Each school may submit a total of 4 entries per year group. For example : Kindergarten- 4 entries, Year 1 - 4 entries, Year 2 - 4 entries . So a school which has all grades from Kindergarten to Year 6 may submit a possible total of 28 entries.
2. Each student may enter one entry only for judging. Entries are free. Prizes or certificates will be awarded to students who have gained either 1st, 2nd or Highly Commended.
3. Any 2D media may be used. All 2D artworks must be able to be mounted (using Blutac) to a wall. Sculptures will NOT be accepted.
4. The theme for 2018 is “Treasures”.
5. Entries should be no greater in size than 42x30cm. Smaller is ok, but no larger.Thick art paper or cardboard is the most suitable material to use as thin paper is more difficult to hang. DO NOT FRAME, MOUNT OR GLUE A BORDER around the artwork.
6. Identifying labels. Two identifying labels will be needed. They must include the students name, name of the school and the grade they are in. If the student is in a composite class or a special class, please specify the grade they are in, not the name of the class. Firmly attach one label to the back of the artwork with glue or sticky tape. Attach the other label to the front of the artwork so that it hangs below the artwork. Please do not use staples or pins on the artwork.
7. Entries are to be delivered to the Front Office of either of the following schools - Mullumbimby Public, Ocean Shores Public, Brunswick Heads Public. Please place entries in a large envelope clearly labelled with the name of the school. Entries CLOSE MONDAY 13Th AUGUST @ 3PM. Late entries will not be accepted.
8. The judges’ decisions are final.
9. All entries will be delivered to the individual schools no later than 2 weeks after the EXPO. Please do not collect entries from the EXPO.
All enquiries should be directed to Cheryl Tyler
Phone: 0417019343 / 66841466
Secondary School Competition
Conditions of Entry
1. Each student is welcomed to may make one entry only. Entry is free.
2. Entries in the secondary sections close on Monday 12th August at 3.30pm. They are to be delivered to the front office of either Mullumbimby or Byron Bay High Schools. Contact the co-ordinator if alternative arrangements are required. Late entries will not be accepted. Preferably a school representative can collect artworks from 4pm on Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, works will be returned to each school site.
3. There are six sections for the competition. A total of $900 in prize money is available for judges to award, an amount of up to $150 for each section, generally as follows: $100 for 1st prize, $50 for 2nd prize and Certificates of commendation.
Note: The judges may vary this allocation dependent on the nature and number of entries in each category.
The judges' decision will be final.
The sections are:
- Mixed media
- Print making/drawing/pastels
- Photographic and digital art
4. Entries should be based on the annual theme. In 2018, the theme is “Treasures”
5. Entrants must be currently enrolled at a secondary school in the Brunswick Valley or Byron Shire. Home Schooling students in Byron Shire may also enter.
6. Entries should meet the following conditions :
- The entry must be clearly labeled on the back with the title, category, Artist full name, school and the year enrolled at school, address and telephone number. Individual labels are generated using this information.
- All 2D artwork MUST be able to be hung or mounted (using bluetack) to a wall.
- Oils must be dry
- Please note that the maximum size for hanging works is 1metre x 1.2 metres
- 3D sculptures footprint no bigger than 1 sq metre and max weight 25kg.
It is recommended that participants refer to the Art Expo website for information and insight into the competition.
Any enquiries should be directed to Richard Heazlewood-Ross
email: email@example.com / 04 0140 4982