The theme for 2022 is
Looking Back, Moving Forward
‘Looking Back’ references the wonderful work and passing of our local historian Frank Mills with his incredible collection of stories, images and documents. The Vale Award has become the Frank Mills Historical Award in recognition of his contribution to the Community and the early years of the Art Expo.
‘Moving Forward’ references the spirit and resilience of our community moving forward after Covid and the recent floods.
We invite you to develop works that reflect this theme in the 7 different categories: Watercolour & Gouache; Printmaking, Drawing & Pastels; Oil & acrylic; Mixed Media, Sculpture / 3D Art; Photography; and Digital Art. Read more about the categories.
Entries open the 1st July and close 30th September 2022. The Exhibition will be held at the Ocean Shores Country Club over the weekend of the 5-6th November, 2022.
Artists are required to attach a label to the back of their artwork for identification purposes. You can find it here. This file is an editable pdf so artists can either fill it out on the screen and print out, or print out the label and fill it out by hand.
- Please ensure your work is ready to hang, or display, with the Art Work label securely positioned at the back for work to be hung, or underneath for sculpture.
- On delivery you will be provided with a receipt. KEEP THIS RECEIPT SAFE, as we can only accept collection of art works with this receipt when you pick up, or your designated person collects from the Ocean Shores Country Club between 4-6pm on Sunday 6th November 20222.
- For SOLD art works at the Expo, the purchaser will be provided with a receipt for Collection. It is important that the artist and the purchaser know who is collecting the work and do so during the allocated time.
- Please deliver your work during the allocated times on Friday the 4th of November:
10am – Midday: Sculpture (+ plinth), Mixed Media
Midday – 2pm: Watercolour & Gouache; Printmaking, Drawing & Pastels; Photography; Digital Art
2 – 4pm: Oil & Acrylic
- Collection of ALL art works is between 4-6pm on Sunday 6th November from the Ocean Shores Country Club.